Thursday, March 20, 2008

Leon & Barbara


One of the many privileges of living near my parents, Leon & Barbara Honey, is going to the temple with them. Yesterday we went to the Manti temple. Mom & Dad try to go every week. When I went with them before it touched me to see their love for each other. Dad opens Mom's car door for her. He carries her temple bag. They hold hands and try to walk in rhythm together. (I think that is left over from marching band days!) So this time I brought my camera to try and get it on film. I didn't do very well, but at least it gives you some idea.

It is a constant struggle for Dad to remember things now and it is often very frustrating but instead of fretting and being angry at the very real unfairness of the situation, he continues to remain cheerful. He now calls Mom is memory. I love hearing them laugh together and that happens a lot. We will all do exceptionally well, if we can endure to the end and have a marriage like theirs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Syl! I have often noticed how kind Grandma and Grandpa are to each other. Even their teasings are full of love.

Lonna said...

That is really cute. I when I see that it makes me feel like maybe I could be a cute old couple with James, but who are we kidding, we will both probably be the couple that can't hear each other so we are always yelling. Yeah that sounds like it could be us. I wonder what we will really be like.