Sunday, August 23, 2009

Texas Trip 2009 part 2

Thursday we all met at Whole Foods for dinner and bat viewing. There is a bridge in Austin that has 1.5 million bats living underneath it. Every evening in the summer months, the bats all leave in droves around approx 8:00pm. It was so cool to see them all leave! Lonna & Leslie got some really good pictures of them leaving that they have posted on their blogs. Madelyn told me the "bats are leaving their bat cave!" I guess we know whose father watches Batman movies!Whole Foods has a play ground for kids to play on while their parents shop. Here is London and Harry up in the tower.
Olivia watching the kids play
Gwen enjoying root beer with James. Gwen told me she was my best friend. She kept coming up to me and kissing my 'hurt' knee, the one that doesn't work very well right now. I am sure her kisses helped it feel better.
Madelyn waving to the peasants from the tower
London & Madelyn.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Mmmm...Whole foods has really yummy food. Are you sure that is root beer James is giving Gwen? It looks suspicious.

Lonna said...

I didn't recognize these photos when I first entered your site, but then I was taking turns running kids to the potty, and grabbing some dinner as we were there so I didn't really spend much time on the roof with everyone. I was so glad that we were able to have dinner there and eat my favorite sandwich, and some yummy treats too.

I can't believe that it has taken us that long to go and see the bats, I mean we have had three years and this is the first time? well I really enjoyed it and even though the ride to whole foods wasn't as we planned I was happy that all the rest went so well.