Friday, October 24, 2008

Autumn colors in our yard

Sugar Maple we planted when we first moved to Mt. Pleasant. It is the only one in town and every year we get several of Mr. Staker's Biology class, gathering leaves for their leaf collection. (we did 6 of those!)
This is our 'Burning Bush'. It is glorious in the Fall.
This is our handsome 'Larch'. Yes, I am down to lame blog postings. Sorry! Brent and I are not saying 'cute' things, or playing fun imaginary games, hence the yard pictures. Anyway Happy Autumn to you all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your pictures and comments.

Love,

Mom

Becky said...

I like the yard pictures actually. I always did like the fall and the colors that were in our yard.

Becky said...

P.s. I remember Mr Staker being skeptical that we really had a sugar maple. I showed him!

Anonymous said...

I love yard pictures too! We don't have any autumn colors yet! In fact it's been in the 80's. So thanks for the memories...

Jen

Tannie Smith said...

Thanks for sharing. At least I can see fall leaves somewhere!

Christopher J Barlow said...

You didn't have to do six. I never had to do one. I had a different biology teacher. I had staker for chemistry.
Christopher J Barlow

Lonna said...

I love those vibrant colors. Even the larch is showing a few different shades this time of year. How festive.

I like your yard/garden photos too, so there.

Anonymous said...

They are even better looking in person!! I love all the different colors.

Elann