Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Texas Projects


While we were in Texas both James & Ryan had projects they wanted to do with their Dad and he was happy to comply. Above is a gate they made to keep Olivia safe from falling down the stairs.This is a chair frame for Ryan to take to his trade show in Sept. It displays his furniture covers and can be assembled and taken apart for plane travel.

Designed and built by Brent & Ryan. Very clever I thought it.
Here Brent & James are making a play platform for Gwen & Harry. Lonna bought a play city map printed on a rug. It went on top of this platform.
Gwen and Harry helped (??) by handing to Brent & James, screws and wooden blocks. I am sure it went much faster with their help. I think doing projects, going to fun restaurants and amusement parks and just plain enjoying each others company makes for a perfect vacation!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Well we have Brent to thank every day for the solution to a tricky stair problem. It's amazing how much more at ease I feel knowing Liv is not trying to maneuver her way through 4 chairs and all the way up to the master bathroom. And you know where L & M set up camp now-that's right the second step, a mere 3 inches from Liv's grasp. SOMETIMES Liv thinks she's actually being included. :)
Thanks a million Brent, we love it!

Becky said...

Dad can never escape from projects! Wahahaha!!!!! He has doomed himself forever will his talent, for we will forever be asking for help on yet another idea. Thanks Dad for always helping.

The Boswells said...

I stand by my first thought that Dad must have been glad to go back to school, it is more restful! Actually I know Dad loves projects and if he gets to thing on top of that all the better. I have to say your definition is a good one for a great vacation the only thing I would add is weather in the 80's??

Tannie Smith said...

I am so sad I missed seeing you guys! :-(

Lonna said...

Hooray for handyman Brent. I think that the table is pretty much a dream come true around here, I know that our kids just love it, and that is really all I could have asked for.

Happy to see that the results were the same for the other projects that were completed on the trip too. I think that gate was brilliant.

Where would we be without Brent and all of his amazing skill that we may or may not take for granted? I know that we would not have two really entertained kids all the time, and that would be kind of sad.
Thanks Brent for lending your hands, brains, sweat, and patience. I wonder if you would be up for building a deck next time you are out and about in our neck of the woods...I'm joking, kind of.